Medicare and most health insurance plans cover home health care 100%, meaning that you will not pay any out-of-pocket costs.
In addition to Medicare other entities can also pay for home health care services such as private insurances, long-term care insurance, Medicaid, Veteran Affairs (if you are a veteran), auto insurance (if you are in a car accident), and worker’s compensation plans (if you are injured on the job). If you have any questions regarding coverage, please contact our intake department at (419)866-0555, and they will determine who will cover your care, and answer any and all questions.
Home health care refers to a wide range of health care services that are provided in a person’s home rather than in a hospital or other medical facility with no out of pocket costs to you! This type of care is often more convenient and comfortable for individuals recovering from illness or surgery, managing a chronic condition, or dealing with the challenges of aging.
The goal of home health care is to enable individuals to receive care in the comfort of their own homes while maintaining their independence and dignity. It is often recommended for those who have a medical condition that requires ongoing attention but does not necessitate constant hospitalization. Home health care is typically prescribed by a physician and delivered by a team of trained professionals based on the specific needs of the individual.
Skilled Nursing Care: Registered nurses or licensed practical nurses may provide a variety of medical services, such as:
- Administering medications
- Monitoring vital signs
- Providing wound care
Physical Therapy: Helps to restore mobility, balance, and walking. Examples include:
- Mobility Training (moving in and out of bed, chair and car)
- Walking and Stair training
- Balance Training
- Endurance Training
Occupational Therapy: Assists in regaining skills of daily living after a change in ability. This may include:
- Adaptive Equipment Training
- Range of motion and strength training
- Improvement of fine motor and gross motor skills
Speech Therapy: Helps to improve speech, language, voice, cognition, and swallowing issues.
- Assess speech
- Improve feeding/swallowing skills
- Stimulate parts of the brain that aid in memory and speech
Medical Social Work: Assist with counseling and support services.
- Navigate the emotional and social aspect of illness
- Helps to connect with community resources
Home Health Aides: Helps to provide personal care assistance as needed.
- Assistance with bathing and dressing
Home Health Care is designed to help you successfully recover from an illness, an injury and/or from a stay in a hospital or skilled nursing facility. It is a service covered by Medicare and most insurance plans at 100% (i.e. no out of pocket cost to you).
It also has the following additional benefits:
- Accelerate recovery by restoring patient’s health to its highest level
- Prevents admissions and readmissions to hospitals and in-patient facilities like nursing homes
- Reduces risks for falls, injuries, and infections after injury or a hospitalization
- Home Health Care offers the necessary assistance to maintain independence.
- It allows patients to receive necessary medical attention and support in the comfort of their own homes.
- Provide assistance with mobility, transfers, and exercises to maintain or improve physical function.
- Home health care can relieve the burden on family caregivers by providing professional assistance and support.
- Assists in regaining independence in order to avoid long-term care facilities
- Provide ongoing monitoring, education, and support to manage conditions such as diabetes or heart disease and prevent complications.
- Assist with medication management, ensuring that medications are taken as prescribed and monitoring for any side effects.
Med1Care is the only 5 star rated home health agency in Northwest Ohio. 5 stars is the highest rating you can receive as a home health agency from the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid. This designation means you will be receiving the best available care in your area.
Med1Care has proudly been servicing Northwest Ohio for over two decades. Med1Care is proud to be the only five star rated home health agency in Northwest Ohio a designation that is earned based on our quality of care and patient outcomes. We are a comprehensive, full-service, in home health care company that can meet the individual needs of any client. We combine compassion, clinical expertise, and individualized care to help you feel comfortable and to remain living at home.
Our staff works diligently to provide trust, respect, security, and clinical expertise to ensure that the physical and emotional needs of our clients are respected.
We pride ourselves in our quality service and quality care and being the only 5 star rated Home Health service in Northwest Ohio.